FIELD OPERATIONS OFFICER (TRAINEE)
24 May 19
ACCOUNTABLE TO: AREA MANAGER
PURPOSE OF JOB
- To assist the Area Manager in achieving the objectives of the section especially with regard to cost reduction, efficiency enhancement and mechanisation programme.
- This is a cross functional job where the job holder will perform in field operations and in other specific functional areas like mechanised harvesting, soil preparation and planting.
- Assist the Senior Operation Officer in ensuring effective communication with Field Supervisors in order to achieve daily and monthly targets.
- Train Field Supervisors and agricultural trainees when the need arises.
- Assist in the maintenance of strict quality control in field operations by clearly communicating to Field Supervisors section’s parameters.
- Verify daily tonnage of cut canes from weighbridge and correct any discrepancy and differences.
- Limit spillage of cane in fields and on roads. Take necessary actions to gather and transport all spilt canes.
- Control seed cane fungicide treatment density, planting parameters, tasks assigned, check fertiliser dosage rates and keep field records.
- Control mixing of herbicide products, spraying equipment, standard of application and keep field records.
- Ensure that safety regulations concerning handling of hazardous chemicals are strictly adhered to.
- Preferably Degree in Agriculture or Agri-science or Food science.
- Candidates with Diploma in Agriculture or Agri-science or Food science with at least 1 year of experience in the sugar industry can also apply.
- Good leadership skills and proactive
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to Work odd hours